It is important to do your advised Synap system check ahead of your exam. As well as getting you comfortable with the system, it will highlight any potential issues with your network loading Synap. If you're experiencing issues loading Synap on certain networks, you may need to help us troubleshoot it by generating a HAR file.
Note: HAR files contain sensitive data, including content of the pages you downloaded while recording and your cookies. This allows anyone with the HAR file to impersonate your account and all the information that you submitted while recording (personal details, passwords, credit card numbers, etc.).
For a proctored exam on Synap you should be using Google Chrome. The instructions below for generating a HAR file are for Chrome.
1. Open Chrome
2. Right click to open Chrome inspect
3. Navigate from to the Network tab
4. Clear current requests using the (🚫) symbol
5. Make sure the red record dot is present (🔴)
6. Refresh or reproduce the issue
7. Right click and Save all as HAR with content
8. Send the HAR file to a member of Synap's support team
See the images below for a step by step walk through.