Create custom attributes for your users, to help with reporting and management. You can hide or show different custom attributes in the user group table through manage columns.
Access the Attribute management page through settings>User attributes
Types of attributes:
- Short answer
- Long answer
- Checkbox (TRUE / FALSE)
- Multiple Choice
Fill in the required fields and then update & save your attribute.
Label: this will appear to all of your users, admins and moderators (if shown).
Description : If visible this will display to students on registration or on their account page. It will also show as a hotspot on the admins. This is not a required field
ID : the label once the casing lowered and spaces replaced with "_" to create the ID be used on CSVs or through zapier.
Who can edit:
- Users, moderators and admins: Any one including the individual users can edit their attributes, this is helpful for attributes like 'Interests' or 'Date of Birth' things that the use knows and provides.
Note if this is selected the attribute cannot be hidden from the user.
- Moderators and admins: Just people in your organisation who are admins and educators can update these. Things like 'Candidate ID' something that you don't want students to be inputting themselves but a trusted member of your organisation can update it where needed.
- Admins only : This is for attributes you don't want moderators to be changing, possibly ones that are on the moderators themselves, like 'Certification'.
- Hidden from user: The user won't be able to see the attribute attached to them. Use this for attributes on users that you need to use internally. For example you may have an internal system that marks which students need extra attention or who are failing their assessments. Use hidden attributes to identify these users.
- Collect on registration: If selected the attribute will be collected on registration when the user is creating their account. Mark as required to make users select / fill in before their account is created.
This information will be attached to each user and viewable on platform, and accessible through zapier. To view attributes for each user, go into their administration page