This article will explain how to export Exam results from the reporting.synap.ac site
Reporting.synap.ac is an auxiliary site used for exporting data from your portal. If you go to reporting.synap.ac you will see the below image, simply login with your Synap admin account details to get started.
You will then see this pop up box
Breakdown of Export Settings
- Source (Exam) - Reconfirm Exam
- Timeframe - The timeframe in which attempts should be exported from
- Attempt Breakdown - If you don't include the attempt breakdown then only question data (not answer or user data) will be exported. You can also choose whether to just export completed attempts
- Question Breakdown - Tick to include an export of the question / test csv. Tick 'Include question data' to export include more question information
- Response Breakdown by - Select 'None' to only receive user overall scores on the test. Select 'Options' to see which options users selected. Select 'Scores' to only see whether users got individual questions right (displayed as '1' on the csv.) or wrong (displayed as '0'). For LFQ's they will display as 'Submitted' if they entered anything in the text box, or 'Not Submitted' if they haven't entered anything
- Individual Attempt PDF's - Check this box to include a pdf of the users responses to questions. This is especially useful for tests with long form questions
- User Data - Choose what level of user data to include on the csv.
- Complete: Attempt breakdown will include all user custom attributes
- Standard: Attempt breakdown will include all user-facing custom attributes
- Basic: Attempt breakdown will include users' name, email address and Synap ID
Once you've confirmed the settings for your export, hit 'Export' to receive an email containing the data. It will display as a zip file and look something like the below:
Once you open the file up in your documents you will see a series of files depending on what export settings you had. Below is an example of an export including all the data possible
Users csv - General user info (names, emails etc) along with their exam specific details (responses to the questions, scores, start / finish times etc) See screenshots above for examples
Sections csv - Breakdown of cohorts responses within sections (number of questions skipped, percentage correct etc)
Questions csv - Question info (stem, answer options, tags etc)
pdfs - Individual pdfs for each user with their responses to questions. Especially useful for marking long form / free text questions. This is a zip file so will need opening to access the pdfs
You can use the Users csv to create custom scoring.
In the example below we have added the csv data of users responses into a spreadsheet then used formulas and conditional formatting to convert answers from letters (option A, option B etc) to binary (1s and 0s) to then assign different numbers of marks depending on the different weightings.
Please speak to your account manager for more information on using custom reporting or if you have any other questions about exporting exam results.